Friday, January 30, 2015

Snow time like the present to start planning your garden

There may be two feet of snow on the ground but don't let that get you down, because spring is just around the corner.  Now is the perfect time to start thinking about what you want in your  garden this year, especially if you are still waiting to get plowed out.  I always have a hard time deciding what fruits and vegetables I would like to grow, but I know I want something good for myself and the environment.  So, if you are also looking for a sustainable, healthy, non-GMO choice try heirloom seeds.  Heirloom fruits and vegetables allow you to use seeds from your harvest year after year, unlike the usual store bought seeds.  Also, the Concord Seed Lending Library will have new seeds available Monday, March 2, 2015.  Happy growing, and don't forget to save me some strawberries and cucumbers.

Joshua Tefft
AMC SEM
Conservation
Vice Chair
 

No comments:

Post a Comment